Friday 20 January 2012

Here Comes The Summer?

Are the days getting longer yet? It didn't feel like it this morning as I walked over the Moor to work in that strange time between daylight and sunrise when it's not quite dark but not quite light either- one of the last times I will be doing this as I am moving soon to my workplace on the other side of town.

On my MP3 player, set to shuffle today, this song came up. I‘ve probably not heard this for over 25 years and I’m not even sure why it’s on my player but it took me back to being 17/18 and wondering if I would ever meet a girl I cared about so much I would break my natural reticence and shyness and awkwardness to get her. Before I realised that most girls were feeling just the same as me and it didn't really matter.
Luckily for me I met my future wife not long after that but until then I struggled and got nowhere.

This is a great song and from a great band who produced this great album. I’ve got Roger Scott (RIP) to thank for introducing me to them on his Drivetime Capital Radio (In tune with London ) show back in the late 70’s. Are DJs as influential now?

Someone I Care About

I think this song shows that you can be rock n roll and still care and be positive. In this world women aren't bitches or Ho's and men aren't gangsta after only one thing. I found this song uplifting and comforting in 1978 and I still do in 2012.

No comments: