Wednesday 11 January 2012

New Year, Old Concerns

Well and truly back into the swing of things and the indolence and relaxation of the Christmas week off is a warm, fuzzy, fading memory. Old concerns rise to the surface after being buried for 10 days beneath the weight of mince pies, christmas pudding , old films on the TV and the Christmas and New Year football festivities.


Will 2012 be the annus horriblis I thought 2011 would be? Why am I still sat at the same desk doing the same things I have been for the last 9 years? What about the children? Are they happy, will they make something of themselves and use the education we gave them and the talents they have to be happy and make a difference?

Will the wife’s parents (and mine) sink further into old age and confusing, bizarre behaviour and how will we deal with them?

On the job front I am applying for another job!!! First for over a year. And in my current job I am being moved to an office in a much less salubrious part of the area. A challenge, Oh Joy!

No comments: