Thursday 24 March 2011

Old Man

Well it finally happened. I officially became old last week. By officially old I mean I celebrated my 50th birthday. Well, celebrated maybe a slight exaggeration although me and the wife did go out for a meal at our old favourite Loch Fyne. 
 
But now I think – what should my reaction be as a 50 year old to life? Does my age give me a greater insight into the trials and tribulations of life? Can I now say without a hint of irony “Well, of course in my day……”
 
 I am planning on running a marathon this year and is that a good idea now I’m officially old and my health could go at any minute. Will I look at techno gadgets and say what's the point of that? What’s wrong with a pen and a piece of paper. Why don’t people just talk to each other any more etc etc
 
Or is 50 the new 40 and I can leave the corduroy trousers in the wardrobe for a few years yet?
 

No comments: