Friday 31 August 2012

Piss Poor Posh

A couple of weeks into the season, 5 games( including 2 in the League Cup) and we have only won 1 of them. Too soon to panic? No we should panic.

I had the misfortune to witness first hand one of the defeats on my first Tuesday night trip of the season to London Road  10 days ago.

We were playing Millwall who comprehensively thrashed us 3-1 last time they were at the ground back in March which I wrote about at the time.

For some reason and despite the defeat by Leicester on the preceding Saturday, I was confident we would win.  10 minutes into the game and my confidence seemed well founded as we were 1 nil up thanks to a very good goal by George Boyd. But, and there is always a but with Posh, after that we sat back let them into the game and by half time they were level.

The second half was up there with one of the most abject performances I have ever seen from Posh. And believe me I have seen some shite especially in our dark days in League Two. Millwall took control and frankly showed us mercy by only beating us 2-1, although it could have been a lot more. I said to my son who had come up from London for the game that we were in for another season  relegation battle like the 2009/10 season.

Since then a further defeat and we are out of the League Cup too. League 1 here we come again.

No comments: