Tuesday 1 November 2011

Letter From My Holidays

Last weekend was the annual family get together in Norfolk. This was a better one than last year because we didn’t stay in the usual caravan site but in a cottage in the nicer part of Hunstanton. The weather was good.We also went to the pub lots and drank more. Alcohol always makes these situations more tolerable.


In all honesty I don’t dislike my family I just don’t really feel I have much in common with them socially, politically or even lifestyle wise. They are all Daily Mail readers which tells you all you really need to know.

After the weekend we drove down to my sister-in-laws and stayed overnight before catching a flight to Bordeaux to see our son. He was mildly pleased to see us but again if I'm honest that’s about all. It's truism that parents love their children so much more than the children love them.

 Bordeaux is a nice place but obviously not a party town despite its 5 Unis and large student population. Food and wine were good though.

We went to St Emillion, a place I have long wanted to go to because of the wine. Our trip has rekindled my wife’s enthusiasm for red wine which is a good thing cos I am sick of Sauvignon Blanc.

Going to this medieval village and a tour of Chateau Souchard made me think of this song.

Explanations are not required- just two bottles of St Emillion.


Mercury- The Wedding Present

No comments: