Wednesday 30 November 2011

STRIKE!

It has been a long couple of weeks since my last post. My wife came down with two  very heavy colds, one after another, which made her (more) irritable and grumpy. To be fair she hasn’t been well since she had the flu jab in mid November.

Late autumn in North East England has settled into its grey, damp darkness. This time last year we had the snow. I am sort of missing that. At least it was bright and sunny with beautiful Clear Blue Skies. Now we have darkness in the morning, and darkness from late afternoon.

I am running home from work at least twice a week still. This is good and I have put on only half a pound since the Kielder marathon. We are coming up to food fest time of year so I need to be careful I don’t overdo it during December.

My daughter is working hard at college on her degree. My son has been his usual uncommunicative self but says things are fine in Bordeaux .

This week is strike week for us so an interrupted week.I don't mind working longer, I don't even mind (much) paying more towards my pension. I do ,however, object to my extra contributions going to reduce a deficit I didn't create. It's a pay cut really on top of three years of a pay freeze with 4-5% annual inflation. 


No comments: