Friday 13 March 2009

Friday I'm at work

Funny week this one. Evicted someone yesterday. Quite sad really as they had literally gone out to work and school in the morning. Breakfast dishes in the sink, washing machine on.We turn up with the Bailiff at 11am and force entry and change the locks. Half way through the man of the house tuns up.A neighbour has phoned him at work to say someone is breaking into his house and he has hotfooted it back to sort it out.He sees us all there goes white as a sheet as he realises the locks are being changed and I explain to him he is being evicted. Turns out he has been giving the rent money to his wife who has not been paying it. He obviously hadn't noticed the hi spec stereo and TV and kitchen appliances and BT Home Hub and laptops about the place He goes off, advised by me to contact a solicitor or the Homeless section.

Two hours later in the office they all turn up, husband wife and Mum to clear the arrears and ask for the keys back. This is not the first time we have evicted this couple so I say no, get yourself to Court if you want to challenge this.

Earlier today I get a phone call from our Legal team. My Housing officer hadn't filled in the correct paperwork. We have to let them back in. Hey Ho I think.Stuffed on a technicality.

At least we get all the money owed.All 3 and a half grand of it. Makes my figures look good either way!!! I check our files and find out that last time we tried to evict her the judge had let her off because she swore an affidavit that she was getting over her Mum's death.Must have been a ghost that wrote a cheque out for 3 and half grand today. Some people.

MP3 My Place- The Adverts

No comments: